Piiholo Ranch Zipline
799 Piiholo Rd, Makawao, HI 96768(808) 572-1717
Piiholo Ranch Zipline Reviews Around the Web
Julian Contreras · June 16, 2017
Awesome place. I could not have better experience with the crew that guided us. Their expertise and sense of humor made me to comeback next time. Thanks Maia and the two Tylers. Awesome day with you :]
Andrew Hartmann · January 24, 2017
The guides are top notch and really make you feel welcome and part of your family. They know the local history with great stories. Never felt rushed or unsafe at any time. The views are fantastic. My only wish would be more lines as I wanted to soar all day long but one must share the fun so more can enjoy Piiholo Ranch.
Craig Ephraim · June 07, 2017
Three of us (all fit adults) decided to do the 5-line Zip Line Experience. Their website is a bit confusing, but this IS the most challenging of their packages. While their other packages offer more lines, they are shorter and/or lower to the ground.
The 5-Line Experience is all above the tree-line except for the first line. They get consecutively longer and higher up, culminating in the final line, which they say is 1/2 mile long and about 750ft high. This line goes over a beautiful gulch and you have a great view throughout.
Our guides were fantastic: May, Nick, and Tyler were supportive, helpful, and funny as hell! They definitely made our group (as well as the other group that went out with us) feel very comfortable from the beginning. Kudos to the "A-Team"!
Other things to consider:
1) Only the first line had four lines in parallel. The other four only allowed two people to go out at once.
2) The gear for this package is very robust and you have to carry it around yourself most of the time. I think they said it weighs 12lbs.
3) The "trolley" is configured such that you can only go face-forward and right-side up. If you have experienced other ziplines that allow you to go backwards, upside-down, or spin, this is different. If you want to do that, try the "Canopy Experience" (at least that's what they told us).
4) More challenging than the lines for some, were the ramps to the top of a couple of the launch towers. These were wobbly and bit scary for some with balance issues.
5) They have a "picture package" that costs $8/person. They did a pretty good job getting action and posed shots. And, they take requests. Since you own the rights to the pictures, not everyone in the group needs to buy the package.
6) You can also use your own phone camera. There are pockets in the back of the harnesses. Unfortunately, you can't reach the pocket yourself. So, you have to put your phone in another person's pocket and vice versa. Worked out fine for us, though.
7) We didn't try it until the last line, but it *is* possible to zip one-handed and hold your phone with the other hand so you can video the descent. Pretty cool.
Overall a great (albeit a bit expensive) experience! The best ziplining we have done!
katrina scurlock · June 07, 2017
The 5 line was amazing. The staff was great so nice and helpful.
Michele Lilley · May 07, 2017
Just ok. I would consider a different company next time. Not terrible but it was lack luster.
Soum N. · June 16, 2017
This place covered with lush green forest. The drive up to Makawao town is beautiful. The instructors Mai and Tyler were just awesome. They provided us...